Director of Media Relations
Benefits: Competitive salary based on experience plus public transit travel benefit
Location: Tucson Arizona
The Director of Media Relations provides senior-level communications strategy, client services,
and media relations, and is a major contributor to Camino Public Relation’s growing operations.
The primary work location is in the Tucson office however there may be occasional work at our
satellite office in New York, NY and, as needed, at client locations.
This position will assist the newly opened Tucson office expand the organization’s portfolio.
Specifically, the Director of Media Relations will:
- Generate media attention for clients including arranging press conferences, promoting
media statements and securing media interviews.
- Using new media strategies on behalf of clients.
- Create strategic communications plans.
- Create and edit educational materials for client use using presentation software.
- Assist clients with media advocacy.
- Assist with marketing Camino products.
- Provide media training in person, via web ex, and using online tutorials.
- Maintain communications with professional allies such as the Advisory Committee.
- Supervise staff and interns as assigned.
- Assist with generating new revenue streams, including networking, outreach to potential clients, and marketing. Preferred qualifications include:
- Excellent communication skills with clients, journalists, and vendors.
- Spanish language proficiency.
- In depth experience in media strategies, particularly related to non-profit organizations and issue-based advocacy.
- Proficiency with online tools like Vocus and Lexis.
- Ability to use presentation software like PowerPoint.
- Friendly interaction with clients on the phone and in person.
- Strong skills in recognizing and creating strategies to rectify bias in communications.
Successful candidates will have a strong desire for collaboration, creativity, and continued
In addition, all management staff at Camino provide a variety of functions that help grow a small
firm and contribute to the organization’s social change mission. Camino Public Relations is an
equal opportunity employer and is committed to a healthy work life.
Please no calls.